About a month ago one of my close friends invited me to go to a Sara Groves concert. I was immediately in because Sara is my favorite artist. Her songs are authentic and honest - they speak right to my soul. So I was pretty pumped to go and see her for the first time in person.
When I got there and was surprised to find out that there were actually five people performing. It was the Art - Music - Justice tour. Gut reaction- I was a little disappointed - I wanted all Sara.
But then. . .from the first note that was played, I was captivated by what they were about. This whole concert experience was about a response that they felt after traveling to Africa and seeing the situations of poverty and suffering first hand. Essentially, the whole concert was the story of what they had seen and heard and what they had decided they could do to help. And information about what we could do to help too if we so chose. It was not pushy or desperate, it was a suggestion to find the art within yourself and do something for your fellow man. They were using the art that they are all so successful with to actually do something. What a refreshing idea.
The concert was not just great, it was emotional and raw and beautiful. It exceeded every expectation that I had come up with. I'd like to extend the suggestion to all of you that you should check here to see if this concert is coming anywhere near your area. If so, please consider going to see what they are about. I can't imagine you could be disappointed.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment