Monday, September 15, 2008

Commune Living

Our neighbors have begun the overwhelming process of adding on to their house. While my first response can be described wholly in the word "covet" - my second, and luckily more proper response, was to invite them to come live with us while they have no power or water. Now, before you all think I might have lost my mind, I think I have mentioned on this blog before how close we are with all of our neighbors and how much fun we all have together.

They have been with us for a week and a half now, and I can only say that having them here has convinced me that living in community is really something to consider and that I might be up for moving to a commune after all. It has been wonderful to have someone to help out with cooking and dish doing and tonight they even watched Natalie while we went to cirriculum night at Natalie's school. I keep telling them that with all of this help I'm getting, I think they should just sell their house and move in for good.

Don't worry, I promise not to grow my hair out into long braids and stop showering. I'm just saying that I am finding value in sharing life together. I am learning lessons at every turn these days.

1 comment:

digging a hole to China said...

sounds like fun to me. i'm so lonely in this town. don't even know my neighbor's names . . . never seen them to meet them. i miss atlanta. i look at your posts with your friends and neighbors and pine for my old life. you guys are blessed.