Saturday, August 08, 2009
Journey
So you must be thinking that I gave up on this blog again as soon as I had gotten re-started, but the reality is that I just haven't been able to do it for a while. Soon after my last post, the pre-eclampsia signs got worse (quickly like they had warned) and baby Patrick made his debut into this world on July 26th. His arrival was actually the easiest part of the whole process. I won't go into all of the gory details of what happened to me after he was born, but I can tell you that it involved things like a call for the crash cart, an emergency surgery, temporary loss of vision in one eye, and other equally terrifying things like that. Patrick came out great - it's funny how I was so worried about what woud happen with him, and then it was me that fell apart. He spent a few days in the NICU learning how to eat, but that was his only issue. They actually told me that they didn't know what to do because he was ready to go home before I was, and they had never had that happen before. He continues to grow and has already exceeded his birth weight. He is happy and smiles in his sleep all the time - which is a delight to my heart. I am feeling a little better each day. My blood pressure is still higher than they would like, and they have said that I was so sick that it might take several weeks for it to come down. And my vision is much better - hopefully it will be back to normal very soon. All of my other symptoms seem to be "resolving" and they are satisfied with my progress. It has been quite an emotional journey for me. I am still processing all that has happened. I'm sure there will be more to come on that in the future. But for now we are home, we are settling in to a new routine, and we are happy with any little bit of progress. Thanks for all of your love and prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so so so so so happy to hear all of this! I'm sorry it was scary. It sounds like the same thing happened to my sister, she had to be induced at 27 weeks because of preeclampsia but now they're just fine. I'm so happy for y'all! xoxoxo
Post a Comment