Friday, May 16, 2008

Intersection

I often think of my life in segments that are defined by things like geographic changes or (more importantly) personal growth. Time passes, life moves on, blah blah blah. While I feel content with where I am in life these days, it is always fun to look back at where I have come from. What I learned this week though is that it is even more fun to bring along your friends to see with their own eyes some of your previous life segments.

It happened that I went on a business trip this week back home to Arkansas, and I took my team down to Fayetteville for dinner one night. We drove through campus and around town, seeing sights so familiar to me that I was almost overcome with delight. College and the years immediately after were some of the happiest times of my life. It was wonderful to show that to the people who only know the Chicago segment of me. It was an intersection.

Here's a shot from a fun moment - our stop at Sonic. We were having so much fun on Dickson Street that I forgot to take a picture. I wish you could hear the sounds accompanying this photo - what you see doesn't do this moment justice. It was full of laughter and fun. I don't know if this can be counted as part of the International Restaurant Tour, but it was certainly an experience not to be forgotten.

1 comment:

stephy said...

Oh my ga. I miss Sonic so much, they don't have them here. I miss Dickson street! Just driving on it, since I didn't drink when I lived in Fayetteville cause I was a Bible Belt Retard. Let's go back!!