Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My Hospital Adventure

July 22 - This morning I woke up to the Maternal Fetal Medicine doctor coming in to tell me that they have confirmation that I do indeed have pre-eclampsia. At least we aren't just suspicious anymore. So now that we know, it just means that I will be staying here at the hospital until the baby is delivered. I am 34 weeks and 2 days today. They want the baby to be in as long as possible, so they will continue monitoring me at all times and say that they will know when it's time for him to come out. If you aren't so familiar with my condition - here are a few things I have learned: the only cure is delivering the baby. period. You can have it in minor or extreme forms, but there is really no in-between. Right now I am considered to have a minor form, but evidently when it goes extreme it happens very, very quickly, which is why they are keeping me here. As soon as they see any sign of me beginning to have more severe signs, they will get the baby out. I could have him tomorrow and it could be three more weeks. They don't expect me to make it past 37 weeks - right now my goal is to make it to 35.

I waver between hope and concern - really just of the unknown. Pray for my body to remain stable so that the baby can stay in a little longer. And pray for Jamie and I to rest in knowing that God is the one in control. We can certainly feel your prayers - and we appreciate the love and support of our friends and family more than we can express. I can't begin to describe what it feels like to know that we literally have people around this great world offering up prayers on our behalf. Blessings and Love to you sweet, sweet friends. I'll keep you posted as best as I can.
Stacy

3 comments:

Anne said...

Hang in there, my friend! You and Patrick are both strong, strong people, and your faith will guide you through! The Wanzenbergs are thinking of you and praying for you! We are sad that you will not be around the block for a few weeks, but then hey, neither are we! :) Know our thoughts are with you and you will both get through this! We will see you when you are both safe at home, if not before! Love you!

Marissa said...

Praying for you guys! I know that must be scary for all of you. Keep us posted.

Shannon said...

You are going to do great! Many prayers are going up for you. XOXO, Shannon