The Candy conversation continued today during lunch. I'll have to admit right here that I bribe my child to eat by offering her candy, but that's just the way it goes sometimes. Don't judge me until you sit through a meal with my child.
After Halloween we had this big basket of candy that for some reason keeps getting added to over and over again. We have at this point institued the policy that anyone who "eats good" gets to take a piece of candy out of the basket for dessert. So at lunch today Jamie and I had both finished our sandwiches while Natalie had not even eaten half of hers yet. This is when the conversation picks back up.
Me: Natalie, don't you want a piece of candy for finishing your sandwich?
Natalie: Sure I do.
Me (offering the bowl to Jamie and taking a piece for myself): Well, you better finish eating your sandwich.
Natalie: But I don't want to finish my sandwich.
Me (eating the candy): I don't know Natalie, this candy is pretty yummy.
Natalie: That's Cavity Candy!
Jamie and I both died laughing. How does she come up with this stuff?
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Too funny! Kids say the darndest things!!
P.S. I found your blog! Cool!
Hey there...hope you had fun in Nashville. I've been a busy beaver working on my blogspot while you have been away. The candy conversation is so Natalie!
Post a Comment