Yesterday on the way to work they said on the radio that so far in February we had only had 8 minutes of sunshine. And I'm certain that those must have happened when I was stuck in some windowless conference room. Then magically, on the way home, the sun came out! It was one of those moments when I felt temporarily blinded. I hadn't seen sun for so long that my eyes had a hard time adjusting. But once it happened, it was bliss. Maybe I do have seasonal affected disorder after all. Because I was so happy to see the sun that I turned up the radio and rolled down my windows. It was a balmy 36 degrees, but I might as well have been in Mexico. It was wonderful, if fleeting.
Today the sun has gone back into hiding. And we are under a wind chill warning - with expected wind chills in the - 25 to - 35 range. And I am left with only the memory of wind blowing through my hair. I can't help but sing along with Natalie to our favorite winter tune. . .
Oh Mister Sun,
Sun,
Mister Golden Sun -
Please shine down on me.
No comments:
Post a Comment