Thursday, January 31, 2008
Jamie has several little nicknames for me, but his favorite is Storm-Tracker Stacy. While it is true that I am generally fascinated with the weather, I have to be somewhat aware of what is happening with the weather to prevent situations like the one I experienced this evening. A 3 Hour Long commute home. Yes, you read that right, 3 HOURS in the car. Unfortunately I was trapped in a conference room with no windows from 12:30 - 3:00, and when I came out it was already too late. The snow that was supposed to hit around 6 pm had already arrived and was in full force. At first it was kind of exciting, but after the first hour I started getting both bored and tense. After two hours, I was super tense because it was getting worse and worse. After two and a half hours I was almost in tears. By the time I got home I was just exhausted from so much concentration. And filled with gratitude that I was safe. They are saying we could have 10 inches by morning. Thank goodness for telecommuting! Gotta Run. . .it is almost time for the Local on the 8's. Storm Tracker Stacy is on it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Storm-Tracker Stacy made me laugh so hard!! I don't blame you at all, a 3 hour commute? Total hell...poor Stacy.
Post a Comment