Sorry for the delay, I ended up spending most of last week in Arkansas. I went down for business on Tuesday, and was supposed to come back Thursday, but thanks to some winter weather, I got to stay an extra night. It was so fun to see my niece and nephew (and their parents and other family too!) but the highlight for me was going to the Razorback basketball game. I went with my brother-in-law and even though the Hogs lost, we still had a great time. After the game we walked all the way through campus to get back to his car, and even though it was raining it was the highlight of the trip. I couldn't believe the memories that came flooding back to me. It was powerful in a way that I can't describe - probably a memory that will always stay very strong in my mind.
Natalie was so cute when I got home. She was thrilled to see me and immediately declared what a good girl she had been while I was away (she was letting me know that she was ready for her present.) She and Daddy had a great time while Mom was away. On Saturday morning we were eating breakfast and Natalie was watching TV. After a couple of warnings, the TV was turned off so that she could focus her attention on eating - which she promptly did.
Jamie: See Natalie, now that the TV is off you are eating your breakfast.
Stacy: I think I see a correlation here.
Natalie (looking around): Where Mommy? I don't see any corr-le-lay-shun. Where is it?
Hmm. . .try explaining that to a three year old.
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment