Monday, January 07, 2008

So my New Year's resolution is to be a better blogger.  I feel like this is a bandwagon worthy of jumping on. . .and I have a few family members twisting my arm to send out more Natalie stories.  Here is the funniest one of late.  We have always told Natalie that we have a hierarchy of rulers in our family (YES, of course, she understands what a hierarchy is!)  So here is our hierarchy.  Daddy is the boss of mommy.  Mommy and Daddy are the bosses of Natalie.  Natalie is the boss of Ivan (our cat.)  We often wish her luck in this endeavor and tell her that if she can successfully 
boss the cat then she can rule the world.  On Sunday afternoon, on the way up to her nap, Natalie was getting a little adament in her protests against going to sleep.  Jamie asked her, "Natalie, who is the boss here?  Is daddy the boss of you?"  She stopped on the stair and turned around and looked right at him and said, "Jesus is the boss of me."  Jamie died laughing.  You can't argue with that.

Jamie has been known throughout the years to entertain me with the things he says in his sleep.  I will try to share them with you as I remember.  This morning at approximately 5:15 I was freezing and I rolled over towards Jamie and tried to cuddle up to him.  He promptly rolled away.  
I said, "Hey.  I'm freezing here.  Can you cuddle please?"  
Jamie:  "Who's driving here?"  
Me:  "No one is driving.  We are in bed and I am cold."  
Jamie:  "I'm driving."  
Me:  Roll over in frustration and try to steal the blankets.

1 comment:

ASkillern said...

I think you need to tell Jamie that he is the boss of getting the bathroom remodeled (a little birdy told me it still was not complete).