Tuesday, March 18, 2008

St. Pats - Round 2

St Patricks Day is one of my favorite holidays. I cook as much for this holiday as I do for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Saturday night we had friends over for corned beef and cabbage and it was so yummy that we ate it all up before I remembered to get the camera out. Last night I made shepherds pie and Jamie said it was the best I have ever made. I'm a little sad that it's over - but I'm glad I got to share the fun with our friends! We had such a great time and if you haven't played the game Wits and Wagers, I highly recommend it.

A couple of weeks ago our pastor used this quote in his message, and it has really stuck with me. I think it is powerful and beautiful and it makes me grateful for the people in my life who make it come to life. I just want to share it. An Arabic Proverb.

"Ah, the beauty of being at peace with one another -
never having to weigh thoughts or measure words,
but spilling them out just as they are -
chaff and grain together -
certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them.
Keep what is worth keeping
and with a breath of kindness,
blow the rest away."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is really neat Stacy. Thanks for sharing!

Lots of love!