Last night we went to our friend Rick's birthday party. I work with Rick's wife, Hazel. Rick and Hazel are both Philippino, and they had a huge Philippino banquet at the party. (Hazel is a co-founder of the international restaurant tour and knew I would love this.)

I'm going to post pictures of my favorite dishes. Hazel was kind enough to tell me what everything was, but I can't remember the names. It was all Delicious though!!! This is Shrimp and Walnuts with some kind of sweet sauce. Everyone at my table proclaimed that it was their favorite.

I also loved this - it had pork, carrots, peas, and raisins in it. It was a taste like I have never experienced - not spicy, but extremely flavorful.

For dessert I really liked these cookies. They were pastry, wrapped around some kind of filling that Hazel said was made with beans. They were very sweet though and I could have eaten the whole plate.

Here I am celebrating with Hazel and Kapil (fellow co-worker and participant in the Restaurant Tour.)

I have been harassing Kapil with all sort of questions about arranged marriages and he kindly suggested that I should watch the movie Monsoon Wedding. We did watch it on Friday night, and if you have not seen it, I highly recommend it. It is a fantastic story with beautiful colors and a bit of singing and dancing. Not Bollywood type singing and dancing - Kapil confirmed that the singing and dancing you see in the movie is pretty accurate. So if you are as curious as I was, check it out! I hope you will like it too.
No comments:
Post a Comment